Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Don't give your kids vitamins!

I am no longer a a believer in synthetic vitamin supplements, especially for kids. From what I have observed, people who are on supplements (where vitamins are produced chemically) seem to develop illnesses faster if they skip a day or two! I do not consume any unnatural vitamins and for the kids sake, I will be tossing my Centrum "Dora" bottle tomorrow!

Toast with an orange twist

My kids love whole wheat toast with butter and jam...but I've found a way to sneak some fresh vitamin C into the slice. Here's how...

1 warm whole-wheat slice
1 tsp butter
1 tsp guava or strawberry jam
1 blot of honey
1/4 orange

Toast bread, add butter and honey. Squeeze orange wedge over the slice, add jam and spread!

Tip: Don't mention the secret ingredients!

No comments: